Writing papers is like an avalanche that may knock you down. For example, if you don’t know how to complete a case study, you are likely to hear your teacher’s verdict that might sound like: “Clumsy choice of the topic. Inaccurate numbers. Unconvincing arguments. Doubtful solutions.” How not to make a fool of yourself, but to cope with this task, and to get a good grade for it?
Though completing various tasks can be troublesome at times, if you approach this academic challenge in the right way, you will present your expertise well and avoid mistakes.
In this article, our experts from online assignment writing service will share some pieces of advice with you that will show you how to write a case study assignment and to gain sufficient experience in academic analysis.
How to write an introduction for a case study assignment
First of all, you should know that the main idea of this type of paper is to combine the information which is already known about this problem from preceding works with new ways of studying it that you offer. In such a way, you will get a full picture that will help to find the most effective solution to investigate the existing issue.
Many students ask: “How to do a case study?” Do you remember the old saying that goes like, “A good beginning is half of the battle?” Follow this strategy while preparing this assignment. In fact, the introductory part of your case study is like a guideline to your research. In it, you have to do such things: to examine the issue, highlight its meaning, explain why it is analyzed, and how it is connected with the key problem.
While going through this stage of completing your assignment, focus on the following questions:
- What were you studying? Tell about the question you have chosen for investigation and state its subject.
- Why is the topic meaningful? Illustrate the significance of the topic and prove why studying its subject is important for the key issue.
- What did you know about the problem before your investigation? Set the background for your study—do a short review of the information you have found. Stress the importance of your case. If this question has never been studied before, explain why you have chosen to consider it.
- How will your research help to understand a problem in a better way? Present convincing arguments to tell how the results of your study will broaden the knowledge about the case.
Include answers to these questions into your introduction and it will sound solid and engaging.
What other parts should you include in your case study?
Generally, the structure of this paper consists of three parts:
- Introduction. This is the first paragraph of your work. In this section, you should mention a thesis statement, grounding facts, as well as represent the subject of your research. In such a way, this part of your task implies a transition to further investigation.
- Body. Here you have to focus on different pieces of the case. Dwell on the main concepts and ideas, refer to facts, suggest arguments for assessment, give examples, present other relevant information and persuasive evidence.
- Conclusion. In the final part of your task, you should outline the connection between the ideas you have mentioned in the introduction and in the main part of your paper.
How to do a literature review and what sources of literature to choose?
When preparing your case study, you have to summarize the results of other works in which your subject was analyzed. Use real figures from trustworthy sources to increase the credibility of your research. Therefore, select articles that contain relevant information. If the analysis was conducted a long time ago, show how the vision of the problem has changed.
Though you should base your work on the findings of other scientists and experts, you may suggest new ways of studying this question. The approach you offer can be useful and effective for further studies on the given issue.
When you think the existing analysis lacks important information related to your subject, write how your work will contribute to a new understanding of the problem.
A quick overview of the most popular formatting styles for your case study
To complete your case study correctly, choose an appropriate paper format. Read the instructions and follow them. Choose the one your teacher prefers (e.g., APA, MLA, or Chicago). However, some disciplines require a certain formatting style. Thus, for example, to do a case study in education, you’d better opt for APA.
Additionally, pay attention to the accuracy of your work. Take extra time to check grammar, edit, and refine your research.
Preparing even the most complicated task is not as troublesome if you follow the useful guidelines we have suggested to you in this article. Hopefully, upon reading it, you got your help with assignment and know how to do a case study assignment in the right way. For all that, if you are looking for qualified help with your task, you can always get it on our website. Our experts will quickly analyze any topic upon your request. Place an order with us to get results in a timely manner.